We asked the newest member of our team some questions so that we all could get to know her a little better. She has a facinating background! Welcome Dr. Riehl!
• Where are you originally from?
Corvallis, OR (well…originally from Santa Rosa, Ca)
• How long have you been in the area?
• How long have you been at Paradise?
• Where did you go to school?
Undergrad at Colorado State University (Go Rams!) and Vet School at Oregon State University (Go Beavers!! Boo Ducks!!)
• What would you say is the most important impact that our hospital has?
• Was would you say was the one greatest pet related, community accomplishment that you have had?
I participated in the 2008 Iditarod sled dog race researching how to improve sled dog health
• At what point in your life did you realize that you had such a deep connection with pets?
At the age of eight I started spending summers at my aunt’s Arabian horse farm in Arizona. I would spend hours playing with the foals and the farm dogs. I was so excited to move to Oregon as a kid because it meant we got to have pets.
• List your pets and names throughout the years (including childhood ones):
Dogs: Indy a lab and Jonesy a lab mix, Cats: Tigger, Frizzy, Jazz, Pandora, Paris, Horses: Syndi a Morgan and Nigel a thoroughbred, Cows: moo…, Currently I have a Labrador mix named Sally
• What kind of food do you feed your pets?
Hill’s prescription D/D Salmon and potato
• What is your favorite movie?
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
• What kind of music do you like?
Rock…classic, alternative, indie, hard
• What was the last book that you read?
Catching Fire…#2 in the Hunger Games
• What is your favorite TV show?
• Where was your last vacation?
Upstate NY to visit my 92 year old grandma Ev!
• What is your favorite restaurant?
Block 15 in Corvallis…looking for recommendations in Baltimore!
• If you could meet with anyone in the world, who would it be?
• Other personal facts or hobbies that you think might be interesting:
My hobbies include 3-day eventing, running, ultimate Frisbee, going to concerts. I intend to start volunteering at the National Aquarium